Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Truth

There are many things that are true. Some things that are true are wonderful. Somethings that are true are awful. I think that all truth must be understood in light of compassion, reconciliation, and hope. Without these elements, truth is either frightening or meaningless. It is these other 3 elements that make truth beautiful. I have come to terms with the fact that I have cancer. This is one of those awful truths. If I stopped at the truth of the matter, I would be missing out on the beauty of the journey.

When it comes to spiritual truth, I think we try to over-complicate things. God loves us. We should love Him and we should love each other. That's more than enough to keep us busy for many generations to come.

Next: Compassion

No comments:

Post a Comment